Astronomically Cool

Astronomically Cool

Welcome to TheBee'sKnees!

Welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome to TheBee's Kneeeeees! I just wanted to say "Welcome!"

Friday, April 23, 2010

Consistency Conschmistency

I know I said I'd be covering Astronomy in Harry Potter for a while, but I was feeling uninspired.

Instead, I'm going to venture into the realm of Astrology.  Personally, I think it's mostly a bunch of hokum.  It reminds me of Divination in Harry Potter, actually (hey, hey--I did it--Harry Potter and Astronomy).  The horoscopes more often than not predict common occurrences that will probably happen to everyone every day, and they describe those with certain "astronomical signs" with very basic, general characteristics that are also relatively universal.

But it's still kind of fun to look at them.

As a Virgo, this is my forecast for the day:
You may have a hard time keeping up with the flow of activity today — but not because you’re disorganized! It’s just a bit much, though by the end of the day, you should have a better sense of what’s important.

Eh.  I am disorganized, actually, and I will probably have a better sense of something by the time I hit the sack, yes.  (By the way, if you're interested, I found the horoscope here.)

My thoughts headed this direction, though, because I caught a glimpse of our Daily Moon Phase on the right sidebar, and the full moon is creeping up on us again.  I checked the moon calendar, and it's this coming Thursday, in fact.  And weird things happen on the full moon.  More babies are born on that day of the month than on any other, usually--myself included.  This is said to have something to do with the tide and the gravitational pull and whatnot.  I dunno about that because... I was a C-section kid.  But some people also believe that people born on the full moon tend to be more free-spirited, and I like to think that about myself as well.  Was anybody else out there born under the full moon?  What do you make of all this?

*Virgo constellation

No comments:

Post a Comment