Astronomically Cool

Astronomically Cool

Welcome to TheBee'sKnees!

Welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome to TheBee's Kneeeeees! I just wanted to say "Welcome!"

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is That Even Legal?

That's what some people are wondering about New Mexico's legislation that February 18, 2010 was "Pluto is a Planet in New Mexico Day."  It honors the eightieth anniversary of the discovery of the dwarf planet Pluto.  I think we should hop on board too! =D?  What do you think?  Read my source here.

4 comments:

  1. Haha...well I suppose while it's an adorable thought, I don't think that New Mexico's legislation can overrule the science community in matters of science =\ I mean, just because Congress declares the Earth is flat doesn't make it so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touche. (How do I get the little accent mark?) Scientifically, it's not a planet, I guess. I still wish it was, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does it matter whether Pluto is a planet or not? It's all human definition- why don't we just change our definition of what a planet is to end the debate? If that's not possible, RIP Pluto =[

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what it comes down to, I guess.

    But Pluto's not DEAD, he's just... demoted.

    ReplyDelete